Dog Eats Chocolate Left On Bed For Anniversary And Couple Ends Up With $900 Vet Bill

Last week, Amanda Moore and her husband celebrated their wedding anniversary. Amanda wanted to surprise her husband, so she left some dark chocolate candies on the bed in the shape of a heart. The Kansas City mother would soon learn a frightening a lesson.

When she came back into the bedroom, less than an hour later, she noticed the chocolates were gone and tiny wrappers were scattered.

Amanda instantly knew their dog, Francie, had eaten the chocolate treats. Amanda and her three daughters thought it was funny for a split second before realizing chocolate is harmful to dogs. 

She and her husband called an emergency vet clinic. When she revealed Francie had eaten dark chocolate, which is more damaging than milk chocolate, Amanda’s husband rushed the dog to Blue Pearl’s 24/7 Emergency Pet Hospital at College and Quivira in Overland Park.

The poor dog had to have her stomach pumped. She was given charcoal to absorb what was left, and hooked on an IV. The bill was almost $900, but the family feels it was worth every penny to keep Francie safe. Amanda is sharing her stories in hopes that others will be more diligent.

During holidays like Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day there’s an upswing in chocolate incidents with dogs.

Please SHARE this important message with your family and friends on Facebook!

Footage and photos provided by KSHB KMCI Kansas City.

The post Dog Eats Chocolate Left On Bed For Anniversary And Couple Ends Up With $900 Vet Bill appeared first on LittleThings.